When Troy Was A Major League City -- Acknowledgements and Bibliography
- Broderick, Warren. Untitled and unpublished article of 1869
Cincinnati Red Stockings vs. Lansingburgh Unions ("Haymakers")
17-17 tie game.
Submitted to the Baseball Hall of Fame Library, Cooperstown, NY
- Broderick, Warren. Various unpublished letters to the
Baseball Hall of Fame Library, Cooperstown, NY, 1969
- "Day, first owner of the Giants, dies." The New York Times,
January 26, 1925
- Dewey, Donald and Acocella, Nick.
Encyclopedia of Major League Baseball Teams,
Harper Collins, 1994
- Jose de Jesus Jimenez, Jr. "Esteban Bellan, the first Latin American
player to play organized baseball in the United States."
Unpublished essay submitted to the Baseball Hall of Fame Library,
- Pietrusza, David. Major Leagues: The formation, sometimes
absorption, and mostly inevitable demise of 18 professional
baseball organizations, 1871 to present, McFarland & Co., 1991
- Puff, Richard A., ed. Troy's Baseball Heritage, Troy, NY:
Committee to Preserve Troy's Baseball Heritage, 1992
- "Troy's baseball roots stretch back to the 1850s."
Troy Record, April 21, 1985
- Troy Daily Times, Various issues, 1871-1882
- "Troy's Stay in the Majors Brief, but Colorful."
Utica Observer-Dispatch, November 30, 1980
- Turkin, Hy and Thompson, S.C. The Official Encyclopedia of
Baseball, New York: Barnes, 1974
- "Turning back the clock -- Troy reliving its baseball past."
Troy Record, June 6, 1992
The author gratefully acknowledges the assistance of the following
in writing this article:
- National Baseball Hall of Fame Library, Cooperstown, NY
- Rensselaer County Historical Society, Troy, NY
- Troy Public Library
- Society for American Baseball Research (SABR)
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Dept. of Language, Literature, &
- Dr. S. Michael Halloran, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Mr. David Pietrusza (SABR)
- Mr. Richard Puff (SABR)
- Mr. Warren Broderick